Robert G. Allen founded the company after graduating from the prestigious Niagara Parks Commission School of Horticulture in 1977. The School required a rigorous academic and intensive practical three-year apprenticeship. Moving back to his home area Robert quickly became aware of the desperate need for conscientious landscaping in Muskoka’s unique environment.
We have built an energetic team of multitalented individuals enabling us to effectively and beautifully design, build or garden the appropriate landscape environment to suit everyone…and everything.
About Robert Allen
- 1977 Graduate Niagara Parks Commission School of Horticulture.
- Landscape Designer, Northway Gardeners Ltd. since 1979.
- Horticulturist, Hobblebush Farm Nursery since 1986.
- 1988 Ontario Certification, Horticulturist landscaper greens keeper.
- Freelance writer, various publications since 1991. Growing along with Dr. Bob weekly publication 1993-1996.
Projects & Accomplishments
- Muskoka Heritage Foundation, Natural Heritage Committee since 2003.
- Bracebridge Bay Shoreline Restoration, Project Manager 2005.
- Hana Park, Port Carling, Shoreline Restoration 2006.
- Windsor Park, Bala, Shoreline Restoration 2006.
- Camp Kitchen, Huntsville, Shoreline Restoration 2007.
- Cleveland’s House Resort, Minett, ON – Landscape development and maintenance 1978-2002.
- Lake of Bays Heritage Foundation, Advisor, shoreline restoration projects.
Public speaker and presenter, various venues and horticultural topics.